Personal Trainers (workers):
- Have been informed and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. They Will stay home if not feeling well.
- Required to conduct a Temperature Check (using a touchless thermometer) and Health Screening Checklist upon arrival at the studio and before each shift.
- My House Fitness will inform workers if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 and they will inform My House Fitness if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 outside of the studio.
- Will go home if sick and experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Are accepted into the studio by appointment only
- Required to conduct a Temperature Check (using a touchless thermometer) and Health Screening Checklist upon arrival at the studio and before each fitness session.
- Are asked to reschedule if feeling sick and experiencing symptoms
- Wait in the Lobby, until their personal trainer comes out to escort them back to a sanitized section of the studio for their fitness session.
- They are asked to wear a face mask in the lobby. Wearing face masks while exercising is optional and at the discretion and comfort level of the client.
- Personal Trainers (workers) wash their hands often, along with using hand sanitizer and wearing gloves.
- Personal Trainers ensure that clients use hand sanitizer before and after each fitness session.
- New protocols are posted, instructing the use of restrooms.
Managing Occupancy & face-to-face interactions
- Personal trainers will wear cloth face masks (provided) and gloves when working with clients.
- Personal Trainers are responsible to maintaining greater than 6 feet from the clients during their fitness sessions, using demonstrations and verbal instructions rather than cues that use touch.
- Clients are asked to wear masks in common areas (lobby)
- Optional to continue to wear face mask while exercising
Managing Occupancy & face-to-face interactions
- Ensure social distancing (6 ft between persons) and limit occupant capacity to no more than 25%; not to exceed 250 persons for indoor and outdoor settings each, is maintained due requiring scheduled appointments for all fitness programs.
- My House Fitness-Coon Rapids specializes in providing personal training which is a One-on-One private session or very small groups (now limited to 3 people), very small classes (now limited to 6 people)
- Ensure ≥6 ft of distancing between equipment; greater distancing should be implemented for treadmills and other aerobic activity that encourages high exertion
- Equipment and frequently touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected between each client.
- Signs are posted to indicate which surfaces are Sanitized and ready to use and those that Need Sanitizing: Wait to Use.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants & sanitizers, professional gym wipes that kill 99.9% of bacteria within 15 seconds, a steam cleaner for equipment, and a scrubber for the floor.
- The building maintenance team has inspected the HVAC/ventilation system and replaced filters to ensure clean and effective air circulation in the facility.
- Fans are no longer being used during fitness sessions within the studio. Instead, the front door & back door are opened whenever the weather allows providing a cross breeze of fresh outside air throughout the studio, along with air conditioning to maintain a comfortable temperature within the studio
- Enhanced Deep Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Steam Cleaning is performed daily before/after hours.
- No food preparation or sharing occurs on-premise.
Drop Off / Pick Up / Delivery Protocols
My House Fitness – Coon Rapids is a drop-off/pick-up point for Healthy for Life Meals
The New Meal Pick-Up Protocols are as follows:
- Healthy For Life Meal Customers Arrive at My House Fitness parking lot Monday & Thursday between the hours of 300pm-7:00pm
- They Call 763-496-5699 and identify the name that the meal package is listed and wait in their car.
- My House Fitness staff, wearing a face mask and gloves will bring the meal package out to the customer
Communication & Training
- All workers are trained in the new COVID-19 prevention protocols
- The owner meets with each Personal Trainer/Instructor at the beginning of their shifts to conduct the Temperature Check& Health Screening, at that time also updates the worker of changes to protocols or recommendations that occurred since the end of their last shift.
- Multiple signs of protocols and what to do if clients or workers have symptoms or been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- Clients are informed verbally of new protocols, along with posted signs with instructions and asked to sign a COVID-19 waiver of Liability form.